Monday, April 5, 2010

X Marks the Spot

Saturday morning, I had a wave of inspiration around the Icarus staging based on the work Diana and I did last Thursday.  I dutifully opened my computer's paint program, and tried to translate the idea into a diagram.  Despite my shaky illustration skills, I was very impressed by what I ultimately came up with... a map which tracks Icarus' movement through the space, anchored by key bits of text.  I made it my desktop because I like it so much, and then thought perhaps it might be amusing to share here... et voila!  The ideas at play may be lofty, but the execution is decidedly very basic... the result is weirdly amusing. Diana liked the map a lot, so we'll see what happens when we take into the studio tomorrow. It's still early in our process and much can change... but this is an exciting point of inspiration. Sometimes you just gotta follow the rabbit hole no matter where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment