Sunday, April 18, 2010

Clutch. Hip. Hum.

Sometimes, I wonder about the wisdom about blogging during a rehearsal period, because not only are rehearsals exhausting, but fraught with self-doubt and anxiety.  The last thing I need to be doing is chronicling my freak outs and showcasing my neuroses... or perhaps that would help. Something to think about.

The week of full time rehearsals ended with a modestly successful run, some minor text adjustments (ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!), and a production meeting which puts us in good stead for this week.  We bid adieu to the rehearsal studio, and tomorrow, we get to load into the gallery which is very exciting.

This week, we'll start to deal with concretes in terms of space and staging; all our approximations will be boiled down into a heady stew of absolutes.  The visual language Jacob is creating for the projections are very exciting, his ideas are inspiring and a perfect compliment to the text and performance.  Sharon's lighting design is also solidifying, but we won't actually get to play with the lights in the space until next week, when they arrive.  Diana has apparently been building wardrobe all weekend, and tickets have started to sell.

The boys are dancing with me every day, hanging out with me most of the time.  I am ready for the final consumption, to lose myself utterly in the work, until I come through the other side.  I will say this... I have been working very hard, despite my underlying feelings that I haven't been making any progress.  It feels good to work this hard.  It feels good to feel this tired.  It feels good to be working with who I am working with. Perhaps I will just leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment